Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sex: The Forbidden Topic

Hey y'all!

Today one subject has been tugging at my mind constantly. Sex. Did she say sex? Yes I did! Now, I know this is a topic rarely discussed. I guess because people think it's a bad word or it's nasty. Whatever the case may be, sex is or can be a major issue in many relationships, married or not.

In Hebrews 13:4 it is written, Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. God created sex to be practiced and partaken of inside a holy covenant or marriage. This is why the marriage bed is undefiled. A fornicator is one who practices fornication or the voluntary act of sexual intercourse between two unmarried people or two people not married to each other. An adulterer is one who practices adultery. Adultery is defined as voluntary sexual intercourse of a married person with someone other than his or her lawful spouse. Both fornicators and adulterers will be judged by God. These two types of people appear to be using sex apart from the way God intended.

I want to be clear, a fornicator is one who purposely practices fornication and the same as with an adulterer. A person who has given their life to God and practices purity or abstinence but falls to the sin of fornication does not necessarily make them a fornicator. They do not actively practice the sin over and over. Well some do and think, 'God will forgive me'. No! You are a fornicator and need deliverance. God forgives but don't misuse His grace because you will be sorry in the end.

Anyway, I brought up this topic to discuss the effects of sexual sin. To be honest, I have fallen many times to sexual sin and begged God to forgive me. Did I make it a practice? No. Did I have slip ups because I allowed myself to be placed in tempting situations? Yes. Am I proud of my failures? No, but everyone has an area in their lives that they need more of God's grace and strength to help them overcome. Sex is a very strong area that requires lots of strength, depending on your make up. I'm made up to love passionately and sometimes that passion can get too strong and cause me to fall.

Sex is not only sacred because it was created by God but because the effects behind it. You are giving your body, and everything connected to it, to that other person. It's almost like a transfer from one body to the other, emotionally and physically. You are opening your whole self up to that person and giving them the most intimate parts of you.  From this very action, you are combining your soul to the other person's creating what is referred to as a soul-tie. A soul-tie is a stronghold that is often times very hard to break. Trust me, I am a strong witness to this. Once this stronghold is created only God can break it. This is why sex was created for marriage. Our souls are to only be connected to one person, our husband or wife. This is why we can experience so much anguish when we have to disconnect, breakup or leave a person. It's hard, it hurts and a lot of the time you don't want to because it's more comfortable just to keep a part of that person in your life. This is especially true for women. We are emotional beings and its difficult for us to let go.

I just wanted to share this truth with you to give some insight on why some things or people you are trying to remove from your life, heart and mind is or can be so difficult. We create these soul-ties without even realizing it. All because we opened ourselves up sexually. Sex is a wonderful thing that God created. I'm honest with God about how I feel about sex. That is the only way I will be able to receive His strength where I am weak. God knows our hearts anyway. Why try to fool him like you hate something? Whether it be sex, money, smoking, drinking, whatever. Be honest with God about how you feel and sincerely ask him for help in that area.

Sex is a big deal and giving your body, soul and emotions to someone is a major decision and should only be done within the confines of a holy covenant to the one God has chosen for you to spend the rest of eternity with. God will sever the strongholds that have already been created by our own doing outside of His will. He will restore us to purity and wholeness if we allow Him to. It's a process that's not pleasureable by any means but if we are diligent, determined and don't faint, we will see the fullness of His will manifest in our lives. It won't be long for me because I know GREATER IS COMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment